Thursday, September 5, 2013

31dc2013 Day three

31dc2013 Day three: Yellow nails

          So I'm back to catch up on the 31 day challenge. Thanks for sticking with me while I try to figure out how to make time for painting my nails, photographing them (poorly at that) and then write about them.  When I did my post about orange nails I mentioned how I didn't have many colors to choose from. Well little did I realize I own even less yellow polish! I was also lacking inspiration for this manicure. At first I wanted to do a yellow marble effect, but I couldn't get the veining right. So I thought about retro counter tops. Weird I know, but hey I couldn't think of anything other then fruit or sunshine when it came to the color yellow and neither of those subject matters are really my thing. Here's an image of what I was kinda going for.
For this manicure I started with two coats of spoiled "Designated Driver" which is a nice yellow creme with the signature wide rounded brushes the spoiled polishes have. Then I did a coat of Maybeline colorshow "Clearly Spotted" which is a combo of black and white matte glitters in a clear base.
Then I topped it off with another coat of "Designated Driver".

Making a yellow black and white jelly sandwich
I love the effect that putting a thin coat of yellow gave this look.  I finished it all off with an extra shiny top coat to give it a nice glossy sheen.  I hope you all like it as much as I do!

Steady hands to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment