Friday, September 13, 2013

31dc2013 Day Nine

31dc2013 Day nine: RAINBOW NAILS
    This may have been the first time i've done rainbow nails! Not to say I don't like rainbows, I just typically wear darker or more muted manicures. I has a hard time deciding what to do. There are SO many options: dots, stripes, gradients, watercolor, and so on... I decided to do something a little on the lighter side. I started by painting a rainbow gradient (can't remember which colors I used, sorry) directly to a makeup sponge, then I sponged all my fingers except my ring finger. I decided to use one of my "studded" nail wraps from Julep. I originally didnt think i would like these nail stickers because they are very textured, but they applied easily and did have a pretty cool effect. I like them used as an accent I think a full manicure would be a little much.
     I then went over my rainbow gradient with Milani 3D holographic polish #509. Which is a silver holographic micro glitter. I couldn't really capture how sparkly this is and how well it complemented the subtle rainbow effect. This is two coats over my gradient.
    I then tried my hand at stamping, by adding a zebra print stamp to my thumb. Which i'm pretty sure is my only finger most stamps will work on since my nails are so tiny.
    Not perfect, but not bad!  The white looked nice over the rainbow gradient so I was happy, although the white polish seemed to bubble a little bit when I added my top coat. It really wasn't noticeable.


   Steady hands to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment