Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31dc2013 The Beginning!

31dc2013 Day 1: Red Nails

           So, I've been painting my nails for years. Recently I've grown a tad obsessed with reading and looking at nail blogs. About a year ago I told myself that collecting nail polish and doing nail art was a good hobby to keep me entertained while quitting smoking. While the quitting didn't last, the nail art continued. My once meager collection of 5 colors has blossomed into a caboodle type case overflowing with polish and nail art supplies. I have driven my Husband and friends crazy showing them my nails, polish, and design ideas. So I decided to start my own little blog to share with people who might actually care about my hobby.

        I decided to start my foray into the nail blogging world with the 31 day challenge:
     I'm a little late getting this up, but i will update later with day two and three to get back on track,
now back to the nails!
    Excuse the fuzzy photos. I'm still working on that aspect of the blogosphere.
For this manicure I used a NYC coral red as a base then sponged two darker jelly like red's from wet n wild for a slight gradient effect. Then on my ring finger I used two coats of julep "Mila" which I guess julep has retired, which is a shame. This polish is dense with multi and charcoal glitter, goes on really nice and no fishing or dabbing needed for full sparkly coverage! The first photo in this post shows the red color the best. This manicure was hard to capture it just kept looking soooo orange and not red like it was in person.
       This photo shows the multi-sparkles of Mila very well, and the red is closer to what it looks like!

          So there you have it my first go at nail blogging. I will be trying to keep up with this 31 day challenge as best as possible, but do forgive me as I am a newb to blogging.

Steady hands to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment