Wednesday, September 25, 2013

31dc2013 Day Fifteen

31dc2013 Day fifteen: delicate print

    Well one thing I can say is that this was certainly a challenge! Not only was I feeling down, and having a hard time keeping motivation, I was feeling a bit under the weather. Which certainly does not help my patience or my shaking. I get asked quite a bit if I have a problem or what not because of my shaking but all in all it's a family trait passed down my mothers side of the family which is probably one of the few things I got from her side of the family tree, yippee! Well anyway I tried a few different designs and pretty much messed them all up (to my standards anyway). This challenge was difficult for a few reasons. 1.) I have pretty shakey hands  2.) My nails are extremely small (like seriously I know 5 year olds with larger fingernail beds) 3.) I dont have many small paintbrushes and or nail pens, so my ideas become pretty limited.
     So anyway the photo above was my attempt at a paisley print. I definitely need a smaller nail pen or bigger nails haha.
    My attempt at a lace design.
        Ultimately a fail. For some reason my fast dry top coat was making my base polish really gummy, and actually making it take LONGER to dry. When I tried to apply my lines the brush kept getting stuck and dragging the base polish. 
     Last and maybe least, I tried a Henna design. I had the same problem with the brush getting stuck. Was it my fault for being impatient? probably. I think tonight when I get out of work I'm going to pick up some small brushes and maybe a new nail art pen or two and some freakin' seche vite for gods sake why don't I have any seche vite?!?!?!?  erm....yeah...

     Steady hands to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment